Arctic Cat ZR Installation
’99 & Newer ZR, ZRT, Thundercat, ZL & EXT Tunnel Extensions
Arctic Cat 121” to 136” or 144”
- Remove bumper / snow flap assembly. You can either loosen the seat and prop up orcompletely remove seat assembly. It can sometimes be easier to just remove the seat fortunnel extension installation.
- After the snow flap / bumper assembly is removed, the aluminum close off or end cap in theback of the tunnel will be visible. This will have to be removed in order for the tunnel extensionto be placed on the inside of your existing tunnel. Care needs to be taken when removing thisclose off. The exposed edge on the back of the tunnel will be visible so you will want to use astraight edge or square to mark a straight line prior to cutting.
- Your tunnel extension will come with a hardware package. The small headed 3/16” rivets areto be placed around the top and sides of the extension. Failure to use all of them whenattaching could result in product failure
- Place the tunnel extension inside of the snowmobile tunnel and use clamps to hold in place.There are tabs on the leading edge that will be placed over the back end of the snowmobilesrunning board. These will be held in place by the ¼” bolts/nuts/washers provided. There arenumerous pre-marked holes in the tunnel extension where rivets are meant to be placed. Drillthese out to 3/16” and install rivets.
- Once main tunnel extension if fastened, take the U-shaped hose protector that is included,place over exposed hose in the top rear of tunnel and drill / rivet into place.
- Your bumper / snow flap assembly can now be reattached to the tunnel extension. The seatcan also be installed at this time as well
Note: Our ’99 and newer tunnel extension will not work for ’98 and older applications. The sides of
the ’98 and older snowmobiles do not go back as far and there would be an exposed area
where the tunnel extension and existing tunnel would not overlap.