Polaris Edge Installation
Polaris Edge Style Chassis Tunnel Extensions
Polaris 121” to 136” or 144”
- Remove bumper / snow flap assembly. You can either loosen the seat and prop up or completely removeseat assembly. It can sometimes be easier to just remove the seat for tunnel extension installation.
- After the snow flap / bumper assembly is removed, the aluminum close off or end cap in the back of thetunnel will be visible. This will have to be removed or bent up straight with top of tunnel so track interferenceisn’t an issue. The exposed edge on the back of the tunnel will not be visible but you might want to use astraight edge or square to mark a straight line prior to cutting. See pictures below.
- Your tunnel extension will come with a hardware package. The small headed 3/16” rivets are to be placedaround the top and sides of the extension. Failure to use all of them when attaching could result in productfailure.
- Place the tunnel extension on the outside of the snowmobile tunnel and use clamps to hold in place. Thereare several pre-marked holes in the tunnel extension where rivets are meant to be placed. Drill these out to3/16” and install rivets. The ¼” bolts, nuts and washers are to be placed where the front bumper hole waslocated. Drill from the inside and install at these two locations (see last photo)
- Your bumper / snow flap assembly can now be reattached to the tunnel extension. There will be large,black headed rivets to attach the snowflap that are included in the hardware package. The seat can also beinstalled at this time as well.