SKi-Doo XP Installation
Ski-Doo XP Chassis Tunnel Extensions
XP-5 / XP-9 / XP-12
- Begin by removing your bumper, snow flap and tail light assembly. You will need thesepieces for reassembly.
- After removing the snow flap / bumper, you will find the aluminum end cap in the back ofthe tunnel exposed. This will also need to be removed.
- You should now have a blank rear tunnel for placement of tunnel extension.
- Place main piece of tunnel extension inside existing tunnel of snowmobile. You will find thebent up lip on the top / front leading edge of tunnel extension will need to be butted up againstthe back of the cooling extrusion.
- Use clamps to hold in position and drill several 3/16” holes for rivets to hold in place. Youwill find all attaching hardware in plastic bag. (For Summit chassis sleds: you will find someminor trimming will need to be done on the bottom leading edge of the tunnel extension.Summit chassis are tapered thinner than standard XP / Renegade short track sleds. )
- Once in proper position, drill all holes necessary and rivet in place for proper attachment.
- Take smaller cover piece of tunnel extension and test fit over top of cooling extrusion /tunnel extension. You will want to overlap your cooling extrusion as well as insuring snow flap /tail light assembly extends over the rear of cover for proper fitment. Once proper position isfound, drill holes for 3/16” rivets. (Do not attach at this time.)
- Locate wire and six butt connectors found in hardware package. You will need to splice asection of wire into the tail light harness in order to relocate back whatever length of tunnelextension you are installing. At this time, cut the three wires comprising the harness and splicein a section of wire for each.
- Place wire cover portion of tunnel extension back into place (covering up wiring harness) andrivet into place.
- You can now install the snow flap, tail light and bumper.